House flies are common pests that disrupt our lifestyle in a dining environment, food preparation area, food serving facility or kitchen. Here are some interesting facts about house flies:
- House flies rely on their sense of smell when they source for food. Hence, it is important to store all food in air-tight container to avoid attracting them.
- They are active during the day and rest at night. Step up your fly control regime during the daytime.
- House flies are attracted to garbage. Always remember to discard and dispose waste diligently.
- Efficient reproduction quality. They lay a range of 75 to 100 eggs and hatch within 12 to 24 hours.
- House flies defecate every couple of minutes. A major carrier of diseases, they spread bacteria and infectious organisms to the public.
- Flies have quite a long lifespan ranging from between 30 and 60 days.
- House flies fly at an average speed of 8km per hour. They enter your premise through gaps and holes. It is important to ensure doors are kept closed, and proofing is done to prevent entry.
- They only feed on liquids but could turn solid food into liquid by spitting or vomiting on it. It is important to avoid food consumption that is left in the open to prevent food contamination.
- Flies have compound eyes which made them sensitive to changing light patterns. Installing an Insect Light Trap to attract and trap flies helps control its population.
- They breed on trash cans, human excrement, dung, or decaying matters. Always ensure cans’ lids are kept closed with housekeeping and quality sanitation in place to avoid flies breeding.
Are you adopting the right flies control solution?
Besides strategically placing Insect Light Traps for effective fly control, value added services such as trending analysis, awareness and education on flies facts and regular site inspection and monitoring will be delivered for your business.
Here are some common insights and queries around flies control.
The expert specialists are just a call away. If you experience challenges in fly infestation, call +6563478138 for an effective way to get rid of flies. Learn how to get rid of flies with Rentokil Pest Control today.