Rentokil, the world’s leading commercial pest control company achieves certification for the Confederation of European Pest Management Associations’ (CEPA) new standard for Pest Management Services – EN16636 – across the European countries in which it operates.
The new standard is an important step for the pest control industry in aligning standards across Europe. It provides a robust auditing system which providers must adhere to, ensuring a high quality of work for customers and thus helping eliminate rogue traders.
As a leading provider of pest control services, Rentokil demonstrated its commitment to its customers by working alongside CEPA to help develop the Standard, which was ratified by the European Standards Institute (CEN) on 13th January 2016.
What is the purpose of EN 16636?
The purpose of EN 16636 is to ensure the protection of customers, public health and the environment through a responsible approach to pest management in all countries of the European Union and European Free Trade Association.
- This is the very first Standard specific to the pest control industry.
- It specifies the requirements, recommendations and basic competencies under which pest management service companies must operate to meet the needs of their customers, be they private companies, public authorities or general public.
- The Standard recognises the critical role the pest control industry plays in the maintenance of health and hygiene vital for all society, from homeowners to food processors to hoteliers.
Companies can declare compliance with the Standard and following an external audit through a registered certifying organisation, become certified.
The value of CEPA certification for Rentokil customers
This industry standard defines processes, action plans, skills and establishes practices for assessments, cause and risk analysis . lt also sets out the competencies required for different roles (administrative, sales, professional user, technical responsible person) that contribute to the delivery of pest management services.
We understand that is important to our commercial customers that we prove that everything – from working practices and training to business ethics and values – is aligned to the correct standards.
Being certified by CEPA will guarantee proven protection and reliable service, where our commercial customers can expect:
- In-depth experience: We have been providing pest control services to thousands of customers for decades across a range of business sectors around the world.
- Industry expertise: We know what it takes to protect your business effectively against a wide range of pests.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM): Our choice of pest control techniques and integration of appropriate measures to restrict pest population development allow us to keep pesticides to a minimum and monitor environmental impact.
- Trained and certified technicians: All our service technicians have completed Rentokil’s rigorous training programme to standards unrivaled within the industry.
- Continuous training: Throughout their careers, Rentokil pest control technicians are put on training courses to further develop in specific technical aspects of pest control.
As a member of many pest management associations around the world, Rentokil are proud to be recognised as a CEPA-certified pest control company and welcome new standards which serve to harmonize and standards in the pest control industry.