Exponential population growth and the rise of the middle-classes globally has led to a sharp increase in consumer demands, which large-scale businesses now have to contend with.
When commercial production involves multiple locations, climates and cultures; the challenge to keep up with these rising consumer demands while managing overhead costs is a complex one, to say the least.
Innovation, technology and automation have helped to improve productivity and quality control levels in the industry, with a knock-on effect on cost efficiency and reduced operational resource to boost overall profitability.
For high-dependency businesses, such as those in the food processing and pharmaceutical sectors, where adherence to stringent legislative and regulatory requirements come into play, it becomes imperative for businesses to have the right measures in place to protect their reputations, staff, visitors and customers from potential health, hygiene and safety hazards.
Pests, such as flies, need to be managed and prevented from contaminating production, storage and delivery areas and causing commercial losses. The good news is that technology and innovation can be applied even to fly control – a problem as old as Agriculture itself.
Commercial fly control and the food sector
Where food is at the core of a business, across food processing, food distribution or food retail sectors, the need for proactive pest control measures is mandatory, especially in the following high-dependency areas which require a zero-tolerance approach:
- The storage of raw ingredients
- Inside machinery where pests could potentially gain access to – and cause damage – through holes, nooks and crannies.
- In business warehouses
- In customer warehouses
The earlier a pest infestation is detected and dealt with, the better. However, with larger operational sites, this is often easier said than done. The longer a pest infestation is left unidentified and unmanaged, the more complex the eventual solution becomes – in terms of the number of pests, the locations they have spread to, the amount of damage caused and the time it would take the completely eradicate the problem. All of the above, increasing the cost of pest control services required.
Thanks to recent innovations in fly control technologies, your business can uphold a zero-tolerance approach to fly infestations and ensure your staff and customers, as well as your brand reputation, remain protected.
Introducing Lumnia Ultimate: Commercial fly control for large-scale businesses
Lumnia Ultimate is a safe and highly effective fly control unit with three LED lamps that attracts, encapsulates and eliminates flies.
An ideal fly control solution in large-scale, high-dependency businesses, such as food processing and pharmaceutical plants, the unit provides greater reach for attracting flies on lower energy-consumption rates and mitigates the risk of secondary infestation by containing flies in an adhesive film which automatically winds into the unit.
Lumnia Ultimate‘s key benefits include:
- LED lamps with a high attraction output, optimised for best in-class fly control catch rates due to the horizontal reach of the ultraviolet light emitted. Providing much greater reach than traditional fluorescent tubes, making Lumnia Ultimate more energy-efficient and cost-effective.
- Several lighting modes that adapt to the time of day and night
- Purpose-built modes to monitor and control the surrounding environment.
- Safe and hygienic fly control, without the use of pesticide or messy catch trays
Large-scale fly control at large-scale cost efficiencies
Lumnia Ultimate’s Light-Emitting Diodes (LED) are a form of lighting technology, commonly used in indicator lights, on electronic devices and in energy-saving light bulbs.
In 2012, about 49 million LEDs were installed in the United States, saving around $675 million in annual energy costs. Incandescent bulbs release around 90% of their energy as heat when in use. LEDs, on the other hand only release 9-10%. Because of this, LEDs perform far more efficiently with little-wasted heat.
The Lumnia range of fly control units is developed with patented LED technology comprising of UV-A LED lights, which attracts flies better than phosphor lamps that are found in traditional insect light traps.
With the Lumnia Ultimate electric fly killer, businesses save an average of 48%, put us to the test and find out how much your business could save on energy costs today.