Chinese food is popular take-away dish enjoyed by millions all over the world, but have you ever thought of adding a pest inspired twist to it?
Our locust fried rice will certainly get your taste buds going. Packed full of flavour and loaded with protein.
To make our locust fried rice you will need:
- 2 tsp of oil
- 1 medium sized egg, beaten
- Mushrooms, chopped
- 40 roasted locust
- 200g of frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Small knob of fresh root ginger, grated
- 2 tsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp sugar
- 250g of cooked basmati rice.
- A wok or frying pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Heat the oil in the frying pan or wok over a medium heat and add the beaten egg.
- Leave the egg to cook for 30 seconds – 1 minute
- Remove egg from pan, finely slice and set to one side.
- Add the locust and the mushrooms to pan and fry for approx 3 minutes until golden.
- Introduce the peas, garlic and ginger to the bacon and locust and cook together for 1 minute.
- Mix the soy sauce and sugar together and set to one side.
- Turn up the heat of the pan and add the cooked rice and heat through.
- Splash in the soy sauce and sugar mixture as well as the egg and stir through
- Serve straight away and add more soy sauce to taste.
Are you brave enough to give this recipe a try? If so tweet us a picture to @Rentokil and let us know how you got on. Or better yet upload the picture to instagram using the hashtag #pestaurant.
Find more recipes such as this one in the Pestaurant Cookbook… It’s Free!